Using the Custom Text tool for animal lovers
During the past year, the number of pet owners worldwide has increased massively, possibly contributed to by the global pandemic and people spending more time at home, 30% of pet owners in the USA increased their annual spend on their pets last year v. 2019.
The United Kingdom also saw similar growth in ownership of our fluffy friends, with a huge 10% increase in pet ownership. 2020 has been the year that has truly accelerated the growing trend of animal accessory purchasing, and this in itself presents a huge opportunity for eCommerce.
The niche of pet ownership in its own right has produced great sales opportunities for passionate animal lovers of all kinds. It’s no secret that dog and cat owners will talk about their pets at almost every opportunity, and at Moteefe we think it’s time to capitalize on that demographic with a range of awesome print on demand products!
Which pets work best with custom text?
Dogs win the top spot as the most popular pet across the world, and the domesticated feline the cat follows closely behind. 12% of pet owners keep fish, which is a wide niche that can generate a variety of sub-niches for more pod opportunities. The more you study about an animal and the behaviors of its owner, the more print on demand campaign ideas will come to the surface. A tropical aquarium enthusiast may be interested in a particular area of the hobby, such as breeding or aquascaping and the dog lover may have a keen interest in The dachshund – more commonly known as the sausage dog
Dogs and cats are a solid favorite and a wonderful way to pair any design is with Moteefe’s custom text tool. The proud owner of five bunny rabbits, also known as the local bunny cuddler, would certainly enjoy a custom text T-Shirt as a birthday gift
Custom text products add that extra level of personalization which is perfect for any animal lover who wants to broadcast their affection for their pet. You can include the owner, pet’s name, or both in any design.
How to launch an animal-themed custom text campaign
1. Head over to www.moteefe.com and create a new campaign. Upload your custom text-ready design and wait for Moteefe to load its magic!
2. You’ll see a variety of products here. Choose your favorite product to start with, and click the green button Edit
3. Position your artwork with enough room for your custom text field to fit nicely.
Note: You can change the color for the purposes of the mockup and also add more colour options of your product for buyers
4. To test what your buyer’s name may look like with your design, it’s a good idea to type a name in the box Customisable Text 1.
In the Custom Text window anything you type here will appear as live text on your product. You can choose from several alignment options and adjust the size of the text. Moteefe offers a wide variety of fonts to choose for the custom text field and it’s a good idea to test out options that work well with your design before moving onto the next step. You can also upload your own font here (perhaps the same font as in your original design) but make sure you are uploading a .TTF (True Type font file)
5. Once you are happy with your custom text font, style and color click on the preview slider to see the finished product
6. Slide over to Edit to check all of the details before moving on to finalising your campaign. In the custom text window, write ‘Your Name’ here to make the custom text option as clear as possible to your buyers.
7. Your design looks great. Now, let’s go back to products where you’ll be able to add additional products to your campaign. Be sure to check your design and custom text are positioned correctly on each new product added.
8. You’re all set up. Click save and continue and follow fill in all the necessary fields before launching your new campaign. It’s a good idea to mention that this product supports custom text somewhere in the description to get people excited!
Help and support
We hope you’ve been inspired by this tutorial and should you need further support our Customer Succes team are always happy to help.
Aidan Kessell – Success Manager
Ana Sousa – Success Manager
Support in English from 11am – 02am BST (UK)