The Pinterest Integration Guide
Moteefe is happy to announce that our white-label store Pinterest integration is now available for all of our content creators, and that includes you! To get started with this excellent sales tool, all you’ll need is a white label store.
Why do we recommend adding Pinterest to your arsenal of marketing tools? The Moteefe Pinterest integration allows the tracking of all “buyer-side” events through white label stores. The monitoring of these events enables tracking, optimization, and re-engagement of both visitors and buyers.
How much do you want to pin on your board per day?
A lot. Ten, twenty, thirty pins a day is not too many. The internet loves content. You want to add value – look for the interesting photos, the funny stuff people in your niche would want to see.
Pinterest Tracking & Domain verification setup
To advertise on Pinterest, you will need to have your domain verified by Pinterest and your Pinterest tags implemented on your Moteefe white label store.
Pinterest allows you to build up an audience, a following. Yes, it takes time and you have to go out there and get it. With Moteefe’s excellent low base costs the selling potential through organic traffic alone is phenomenal
When you are verified on Pinterest, you will have a red check mark beside your account name and you will be able to display your full website URL right on your Pinterest profile (instead of leaving it hidden in the About section of your Pinterest page). This makes it easy for users to quickly learn more about your business and can even help you bring more leads to your site.
Setting up Pinterest Tracking
n Moteefe, you only need to provide your Pinterest Tag ID. You can extract this ID from the Pinterest Ad Account via following these steps:
1. Access ads.pinterest.com and log in to your Advertising account.
2. On the top menu, access “Analytics → Conversion Insights.”
3. On the upcoming screen, Click “Install tag” below “Install the Pinterest Tag.”
4. On the options below, choose “Add code to website”. You should see a screen similar to the below:
5. From the screen, copy the numbers in red exclusively: those are your Pinterest tag ID.
6. On the following screen, you can choose to have Metadata enrichment active: this will allow the catalogue to be automatically uploaded with new product data in the product pages.
7. Access the stores section on your dashboard on Moteefe
8. Choose the store you want to add your tag from the store list and click the Pinterest icon as shown below:
9. On the pop-up window, paste your Tag ID and click “Save Settings.”
10. Note: Alternatively, you can also define your Pinterest Tag ID in User settings; remember that we apply the Tag ID defined in User Settings to all your activity by default. The same is valid for all other Social Media & Ad Platform channels.
If you wish to verify if your Pinterest Tag is firing correctly, you can do so by using the Pinterest Tag Helper Google Chrome extension.
Pinterest Domain Verification
To verify your domain on Pinterest using Moteefe, you’ll need to:
1. Access Pinterest’s Website Claim section
2. On “Claim”, choose Websites and select “Claim” on the right
3. Click the text below “Add HTML Tag” to copy to your clipboard on the subsequent pop-up. Leave this link open as you’ll need it for later.
4. On a new tab, access your Moteefe Dashboard’s Stores section, and on the store, choose the “Domain Verification” option.
5. Follow the instructions by pasting the appropriate section of the tag. I.e. for the example above, we require only the part between the brackets, after the content= key so, if the full tag is as below.
<meta name=”p:domain_verify” content=”2938b55da7f6492828f54235f8bda5db”/>
We’ll require the following portion exclusively to be pasted.
6. After pasting, click “Save and Continue.”
7. Go back to Pinterest’s Website Claim section, and on the screen displayed in 3. , Click Continue.
8. Domain verification will now proceed on Pinterest’s side, and you’re all set!
Please note: In some regions, Pinterest supports product catalogs that are populated and enriched automatically. Moteefe has assessed overall format compatibility, so the Feed is Pinterest-compatible.