May national days for Print on Demand campaigns
April showers, bring May flowers! Every new month calls for new celebrations. With May on the way, there are a ton of new national days, weeks, and months to be celebrated. These are great opportunities for Print on Demand sellers to test and launch new product lines. Not sure what’s coming up? Keep reading.
Free Comic Book Day, National Astronauts Day and National Buttermilk Biscuit Day are just a few of the crazy national day events taking place in May. Although not every country all over the world celebrates these national holidays, it is being celebrated somewhere. The National Holiday Calendar is a great way to find new niche interests for anyone ever looking to test out new target audiences. It shows you all of the National Days that are celebrated year-round. With May coming up, here’s a list of some of the most celebrated May National Days:
May national holidays
- May 1 – Labour Day (excludes UK and Netherlands)
- May 2 – Mother’s Day (Hungary, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain)
- May 3 – Melanoma Monday
- May 4 – National Star Wars Day
- May 4 – National Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 5 – Cinco de Mayo
- May 6 – National Nurses Day
- May 9 – Mother’s Day in the US, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Malta, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Switzerland and more. Check online for all participating countries.
- May 12 – International Nurses Day
- May 15 – Peace Officers Memorial Day
- May 17 – Norway Independence Day
- May 21 – National Pizza Party Day
- May 25 – African Liberation Day
- May 30 – Mother’s Day in France and Sweden
- May 30 – World Multiple Sclerosis Day
- May 31 – Memorial Day U.S.
Keep in mind that these are the dates of the national holidays. It is important to start marketing your lines weeks, or even months, in advance so your target audience has time to purchase and receive their products prior to these dates. And with Mother’s Day quickly approaching in several countries, be sure to check out Moteefe’s Ultimate Mother’s Day Guide. This post outlines everything you need to know when it comes to launching a Mother’s Day campaign. And if you want more Mother’s Day content, check out one of our previous live streams where POD experts Thomas Gentleman and Aidan Kessell provided viewers with more insight on how Mother’s Day can be even more profitable than a Christmas campaign! In the US, over $25 billion was spent on Mother’s Day in 2019. As one of the biggest spending holidays worldwide, it is one POD opportunity you do not want to miss. Be sure to watch the past broadcast below and don’t forget to subscribe to Moteefe’s YouTube channel for more POD content.
If you need help with launching these new lines you can check out our blogs on how to create a line for King’s Day, Mother’s Day and Labour Day. And with Father’s Day coming up in June, we highly recommend you check out our blog post on Father’s Day design ideas for Print on Demand.
If none of these recommended dates intrigues you to start your next seasonal line, check out the National Day Calendar for other oddly specific national holidays. You can also check out another one of our past broadcasts, The Beginner’s Guide to Niche Marketing. The blog post has the full transcript available for those who prefer to read. But if you want to watch the live stream for yourself, you can check it out in the Moteefe x Marcazo Global Facebook Group
Now that you know what’s coming up, it’s time to launch your new lines! Seasonal lines can help keep your profits flowing all year round. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.