Building your brand: creating a white label store and a custom domain
Showcasing your Print on Demand products in a white label store with its own custom domain can help legitimize your business and grow your online audience and presence.
What is a white label store?
“White label” refers to a fully supported product or service that is made by one company but sold by another. In this case, the products themselves are provided by Moteefe but they are designed and being sold by sellers like you.
White label stores give brands and individuals the power to sell their own products without dealing with the logistical administrative work like storing stock, handling the delivery processes, tracking postage and more. Instead, it frees up the time of the seller, allowing them to focus on their creative branding and design.
But before you launch your white label store there is one crucial step you must take — get a domain.
Why you need a domain
Although the Moteefe store provides sellers with a standard Moteefe store domain link, purchasing your own personal domain will be more beneficial for your brand.
Having your own website helps give legitimacy to your business. It indicates that the seller has taken additional steps towards building their business. A domain boosts your credibility in the eyes of the buyer. Depending on the domain address you are trying to achieve, purchasing a domain can cost as little as a couple of dollars a year! It’s definitely worth the investment.
Better for customers
Better for Google
Including keywords in your domain name can help with search engine optimization (SEO) for your business. Keywords are crucial for business because it can help get more people to your products. The more relevant your name, the higher you rank according to Google. And the higher you rank on Google, the more customers you will get in your e-commerce business.
How to attach a domain to your white label store
Although you can sell your products through the Moteefe platform, we highly recommend that you purchase your own domain prior to setting up your store. As mentioned earlier, a personalized domain cements your branding, making it easier for your customers to remember your brand and products.
1. Purchase your domain on a domain name registrar. These sites vary from country to country so we recommend that you Google one to see which registrar offers the best rates. Some popular choices are Domain.com, GoDaddy or BlueHost.
2. Log into your Moteefe account and go to your Dashboard.
3. Click on your Stores tab.
4. Hover over the store that you want to attach the domain. Now, click on the Domains symbol.
5. A form will appear. Fill out the form with the information of your purchased domain. If you are already registered as a company, fill in your details here. If not, use your personal name and address.
- Insert your Moteefe store name
- Now, insert your custom domain name
- Click Save & Continue.
6. Log into the domain registrar and switch out the nameservers with the ones provided by Moteefe. This will allow your website to be hosted by Moteefe, but change your store URL to the new purchased domain.
That’s it! Your domain will be approved and activated by a Moteefe member within 24 hours if not before (we are working hard to bring our approvals time down even further). Once approved, you will receive an email with more information and the next steps to take in order to activate your domain.
After you follow the instructions in the email, your white label store will transfer over to your new domain in a short period of time. The exact time it will take depends on your domain registrar. But once that’s done, you will have a new custom domain, making it easier for you and your customers to check out your store!
If you’re still looking for more tips and tricks on selling Print on Demand, check out our Getting Started Guide.