One of the best ways to increase your sales and skyrocket your profits is by generating free traffic with Facebook pages. Advertising can get pretty expensive, especially when you take upfront costs into consideration. Luckily, our team at Moteefe has put together everything you need to know on how to create an organic online following and boost your sales through free Facebook traffic and then monetise your free traffic with fantastic Facebook custom audience tool towards saving hundreds of dollars (if you are planning to advertise later on).
Here’s what you need to get started.
- A niche-based Facebook group (a must have tool to dominate the niche).
- A few niche-based Facebook pages (at least 3).
- You may use a personal profile, but best practice is to represent your branded page.
Remember, you don’t have to pay a single penny to Facebook until you begin running your advertisements. However, looking forward, be sure that you have your custom audience established before you begin using paid ads and driving traffic toward your campaign page.
Optimizing Your Profile
There are a variety of ways in which you may choose to optimize your personal profile for selling. Take a look at the list below.
- Interact with your friends based in your niche so that they are more obligated to purchase the products you share.
- Make as many niche-based friends as possible.
- “Like” as many pages related to your niche as possible. So, that your newsfeed will be flooded with content to share.
- Engage with the content on those pages using your pages or profile.
- Like and reply to other comments within those same pages. It’s your duty to get involved to create a big fan base.
- Always share niche-based content from other related pages until you begin seeing more likes on your own page.
*Note* – Make sure that your Facebook username is your real name to avoid getting banned for being “fake”. There is another way you can apply is to create your brand name based profile. For example, Moteefe Zafi. Moteefe gives your full freedom to create and promote your own brand with having your own domain. You choose your profile name as Your Name+Brand Name.
Grow Your Group
Facebook groups are an excellent way to increase audience engagement with your content and solidify your community relations. In order to successfully create and maintain your groups, follow the simple steps below.
- Create a Group on Facebook.
- Give it a community-friendly name that’s different from your page name. For example: Dog Lovers Unity/ Gaming eCommerce Community/ Custom Family Merch Hangout.
- Add people to your group manually who have become friends with your personal profile. Before you do this, make sure that your group is already set up and professionalized with content, cover images, etc.
- Add a visually appealing cover photo (1,640px by 856px) (or 1.91:1 ratio).
- Consistently post new and interesting content to keep your audience coming back for more and share the ones they love.
- Consider uploading viral videos to your page to share with your audience and boost your page interaction into groups.
Promote Your Page
The last step to promote your Moteefe products for free is to set up a Facebook business page and focus on building up your niche-based audience. This is especially important considering that your page will function as the identity of your brand. Here are a few tips on how to successfully go about doing this.
- Give your page a unique and authentic name related to your niche. Keep in mind that it should be different than your actual group name. You should also try to steer away from the idea of self-promotion, as this can have a negative impact on your traffic.
- Keep your audience entertained with valuable information and interesting content.
- Keep posting content that results in your audience liking, commenting and sharing.
- Create a considerable content posting schedule. Best time to post on Facebook is your audience’s local time 9 A.M and before lunch time then after lunch time. Later on 5 P.M. local audience time. Lastly, before dinner time and bedtime. Choose wisely when to post and what to post. Give free tips, entertain and teach people about your niche with as much info as you can. To source these info, Pinterest checklist is the best source.
- Include a page URL within your profile bio in order to keep track of how many clicks are coming from which location.
- Keep a close eye on your competitors. Take a look at their language, behavior, content, and how they reply to their audience members. Use their most engaging material as inspiration for your own authentic content to share with your audience.
- Cross post the content using the post across the pages tool FB offers itself.
- Remember, Facebook can take your “reach” off from millions to zero, that is why you need to nurture multiple pages.
- Group is your Defenders, you cannot have control over your page reach but you can have in your group. Therefore, always keep a balance between your pages and groups.
You may use your profile to comment in page’s around but you must know you can select your pages too to post a comment anywhere you want. Here is the trick:
- Use your page to comment and interact in related high profile pages. A single good comment can bring you hundreds of followers and niche related followers are your real money for lifetime.
- Use your brand’s unique hashtags # e.g. #ZafiJewellery (which nowhere you should find in FB) while commenting and exactly the same hashtags in your product (image with link) post, so that whenever a curious niche related visitor click on the hashtag, they will see the post from you pages. As the visitor is niche related, he/she might purchase the product right away or at least “like” your page for later actions.
- Always try to be as informative as possible. Look for the comments where people “want to know” or “there is a lack of information”. Research the topic by asking in the Google and copy/paste or rewrite the info to comment as solution. This is the most powerful tool to make people believe your brand is a truth speaker. They will trust you, like you and finally buy from you.
- Try to stuff the most famous tags into your posts, so that surprise followers will itself be increasing. This is a bonus system. A few popular hashtags from 2019 statistics are as follows, #love, #happy, #cute, #fashion, #beautiful etc. But remember, do not ever put unrelated tags into your post. Facebook gets over 30 billion content each month to show in people’s newsfeed. If you are not relevant, your reach will be declining.
- Try to post something where people interact.
There are still many ways to maintain your page, but we’ve covered everything you need to get started. Later on, with the profit of your free traffic you can scale your business easily by advertising on Facebook. With those specific store visited Custom Audiences who visited your store in the last 180 days, you can run Ads targeting them. You can even target large amount of customers who are similar to your Custom Audiences just by using Lookalike Audience tool in a few seconds. Which saves a lot of money, time and effort.
Follow our guide above, and you’ll be well on your way to generating free traffic with Facebook.